Background of establishing the association
The serious issue of fewer children and aging population started in 1990's and created rapid increase of medical expenditure and worsening of healthcare budget. This trend has become more serious in the 21st century and we must prioritize the health of Japanese national and our responsibility of securing their profit has become stronger. Currently separation of dispensing and prescribing functions has exceeded 50%. In such environment, the meaning of health insurance pharmacies and future role of pharmacists based on this separation of dispensing and prescribing should be recognized in the society. We further have to develop a specific system to be trusted and to provide profit to the life of Japanese people as a medical provider. As separate functions of dispensing and prescribing progress, it is necessary to restructure business category of health insurance pharmacies that have achieved rapid growth, to create an organization to evaluate the role in the social structure, to consider profit of Japanese national specifically and to foster business category and individual health insurance pharmacies and pharmacists needed in the society. The association aims to provide health care beyond the idea of providing health insurance medicine to Japanese people, to be involved in the activities beyond the framework or profit of the industry, organizations and companies, and to establish the health insurance pharmacies that propose neutrality and fairness in the society as an organization to assert and act based on these ideas.
1. Social background
The social background of establishing Nippon Pharmacy Association is as follows.
- Fewer children with aging population
- Government policy of Healthy Japan 21 and Health Promotion Law
- Changes of a social security in Japan
- Reform of Health Insurance System
- Re-examination of qualification medical providers (educational system)
- Change of needs for medical care and health in Japan
According to the above social background, establishment of specific and effective health insurance medical care system is required to cope with cost containment of ever-increasing national medical expenditure in a fewer children/aging population. Also changing roles of health insurance pharmacies and fostering new health industry is required in the social structure.
The necessity for the association to be established is as follows.
- It is necessary to have an organization to establish business category of health insurance pharmacies and to foster them in the social structure by putting the profit of Japanese people at first.
- It is necessary to have an organization to promote building social structure for health insurance medical care and disseminating healthy life among Japanese people
- It is necessary to have an organization to propose healthcare concept and system to meet the needs of aging society described in Health Japan 21 and Health Promotion Law and to promote activities for realizing it specifically.
- It is necessary to have an organization to foster business category of health insurance pharmacy acknowledged and needed by the society and Japanese people and promote its industrialization.
- It is necessary to have an organization to realize requirements needed for the business category of Japanese health insurance pharmacies or their needs and to promote the education and trainings, etc. for pharmacists and staffs working there.
3. The principles of the establishment of the association
- Considering public-benefit to be important and seeking the profit of Japanese people as No. 1 priority, the association shall always consider the direction of business category.
- It shall seek the significance and meaning of health insurance pharmacies with social principles in mind.
- I shall aim for the establishment and concrete realization of the fair and correct social system
- Without limiting the boundary of industry, organization and companies, the association shall considers the roles of the industry based on the principles of respecting free competition.
- It shall aim to have fair activities without refusing anybody with open-to-public principle.